Pacman goes Hoovering! – Best in Show Winner
sponsored by ‘EndNote’
People Involved: Kris Szczurowski
- Hack Details: Using augmented reality to turn hoovering into fun! A Pacman themed game played with a hoover (which becomes Pacman in AR) collecting pac-dots (rubbish) about the room.
Laser Maze – People’s Choice Award
sponsored by Innovation Academy UCD
People Involved: Laura Tobin, Jeffrey Roe, Robert Fitzsimons, Tanya Branagan
- Project Description: A walkthrough 3D laser maze. A homemade hut with a smoke machine to illuminate the lasers which are stuck to the frame of the hut
- Links to Code: We didn’t use any code
- Links to Pictures: Frame construction – https://twitter.com/SciHackDay_Dub/status/665661665321623557 Lasers – https://twitter.com/claireoconnell/status/665880697576509440 More lasers – https://twitter.com/CriticalRedPen/status/665892225201500160 Video – https://twitter.com/Jeffrey_Roe/status/665885205920641024
- Anything else?: We had to leave some parts out due to time constraints and late realisations. The laser maze will be rebuilt for Dublin Maker 2016. We will use a sturdier frame and a photodectector with a large field of view (the laser beams are too thin & move too much to be continually read on the detector. Once that is sorted, we will use the buttons & buzzers we had planned to incorporate
Project Name: LED Advent Calendar
People Involved: Margaret Synnott Sorcha Bowler (with thanks to Robert for hardware and Becky for debugging help)
- Project Description: Advent Calendar that lights up to show you which pocket you’re allowed to take a sweet from today
- Project Name: Using EEG Bio Feedback In Communication and Education
- People Involved: Ronald Hughes Alex Paven
- Project Description: Measuring how learning works: Attention, Interest, Application, Appraisal, Assessment, Acquisition, Passive retention, Deep impact, Re-enforcement, Rote, Stressed, Retrieval
- Project Name: Car Dash Audio Hack
- People Involved: Barry Sweeney Harry van Haaren
- Project Description: Create a car dashboard panel, containing old-school VU meter dials to show the low-frequencies played by the subwoofer.
- Project Name: North Star Necklace
- People Involved: Robert Fitzsimons Lucy Patterson Can Eldem
- Project Description: We (almost) made a LED necklace that lights up at its northern-most point for magnetoreception superpowers like a migratory bird.
- Anything else?: Hardware: lilypad USB, Adafruit FLORA accelerometer/compass sensor, neopixels strip.
- Project Name: Poet in Residence
- People Involved: Anyone I could annoy
- Project Description: Bugging various hackers to spill the scientific beans and using the ideas as inspiration for some haiku. Later I’ll work on come of them as fully grown poems
- Links to Poems: http://emergingwriter.blogspot.ie/2015/11/science-hack-day-dublin-haiku.html
- Project Name: Time flies when you’re having fun/now clocks
- People Involved: Eoin McLoughlin, Rebecca Yates, Krzysztof Foltman, Miriam Harte, Mags Synnott, Sinead McDonald
- Project Description: Breaking clocks mostly. Controlling clock mechanisms using EEG input, Arduino, servo motors.
- Links to Code: https://github.com/btittelbach/artekcircle_lobenoise
- Links to Pictures: http://sineadw.tumblr.com/post/133264406034/the-eeg-clock-lives-enhanced-landglyder-and
- Anything else?: Too. Much. Fun.
- Project Name: Pancake Printer
- People Involved: Paul Gibbons, Joe Thompson, Gareth Boyle
- Project Description: A printer that prints pictures in batter and then cooks to make a delicious pancake
- Project Name: SmartR
- People Involved: Baris, Gigi, Panpan,Petr, Martin, Ian
- Project Description: Taking and data from an EEG headband (brainwaves) and data from diet/exercise/sleep apps, processing this to determine the factors that determine focus and presenting this visually
- Links to Code: https://github.com/sciencehack
- Anything else?: We had fun
- Project Name: Healthy Vs Tasty
- People Involved: Jose Dominguez
- Project Description: Using the clarifai api you can do two things: – Filter a set of pictures off instagram by values such as food/no-food, tasty food, and/or healthy. – Uploading your own picture the system can tell you how tasty/healthy it is, and a number of other tags that the API identifies about the picture.
- Links to Code: https://github.com/josmas/hackathon
- Project Name: Sewer Bot
- People Involved: David Finlay Gregory Kelleher James O’Sullivan
- Project Description: Self Driving Robot that detects Sewage Gas Currently only detects methane as lack of sensors and plays james Bond Theme, So we may use him for testing air quality in Dublin Pubs
- Links to Code: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MbFvcU9qqkXL0Xiy4oXxmAnNBRdyX_Bk5lZf3j5wGLY/edit?usp=sharing
- Project Name: Football Tourism
- People Involved: Joe McCarthy Hodei Iraola
- Project Description: The project agregates information about football matches in england from different sources. The user interfaces shows a map, with the location of football matches that fill certain criteria.
- Links to Code: https://github.com/HIraolaE/FootballTourismAPI
- Project Name: Stem Game
- People Involved: Everyone
- Project Description: 3 players One person will the game referee and be used to tell the others what to get and do and explain the outcome from the card on how the science works after each challenge that involves it. Note pads and a timer Deck of STEAM Cards/App (Still in development) Number of Card for each Area each card will tell you what to look for around the house to use in each challenge or what to do. Points Awarded for each game on how well you do at challenge, and how quick you complete the challenge
- Links to Code: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TGEgcrPLhIZyE3a3L2Xen6VgR3vxfjvfR_tTMw-zC8E/edit?usp=sharing
- Anything else?: Will keep developing idea and shareing code and game design and test on my KIDS mwahhhhhhhhhhh